• Where can I buy R-410A?
Only an authorized contractor can purchase R-410A, If you need
• What about the brands of R-410A?
Puron® and Suva® 410A are marketing brands for ASHRAE R-410A. Puron is Carrier Corp’s brand name and Suva 410A is the DuPont brand name. Both have the same chemical composition and can be used interchangeably.
• Can R-410A be used to retrofit existing R-22 equipment?
No. Because of the much higher discharge pressure and cooling capacity, R-410A should only be used in equipment designed for it.
• Do I need different service tools to work on R-410A systems?
Yes. Because of the higher pressure, you should use manifold gauge sets designed for R-410A. In addition, you should use a recovery unit and tanks designed for the higher pressure of R-410A.
• What type of lubricant should be used with R-410A?
Use a high-quality POE (polyolester) specified by the compressor or system OEM.
• Will R-410A systems have different components than R-22 systems?
Yes. Because of the higher pressure for R-410A, most system components have been designed with increase thickness. In addition, expansion valves specifically designed for R-410A capacity should be used.
• Is R-410A a blended refrigerant?
Yes. It is a blend of two refrigerants, HFC-32 and HCF-125 (50/50 vt%), that performs very much like a single-component refrigerant.
• How should I charge R-410A?
For optimum performance, R-410A should be removed from the cylinder as a liquid.