1. Install duct fully extended; do not install in the compressed
state or use excess lengths. This will noticeably decrease friction losses.
2. Avoid bending ducts across sharp corners or incidental
contact with metal fixtures, pipes or conduits. Radius at center line should not
be less than one duct diameter.
3. Do not install near hot equipment (e.g., furnaces, boilers,
steam pipes, etc.) that is above the recommended flexible duct use temperature.
4. Do not use for vertical risers in air ducts systems serving
more than two floors.
5. Avoid installations where exposure to direct or indirect sunlight or UV producing air treatment devices can occur. Prolonged exposure to sunlight or UV light may cause degradation of the core material or the vapor barrier.
6. Should not be installed within 4 inches (101.6 mm) of hot equipment (furnaces, boilers, steam pipes, etc.) that is above 250o F (121oC).
7. Should not penetrate walls where fire dampers are required.
8. Should not be installed in concrete, buried below grade or in contact with the ground.