The use of electricity to heat homes, stores, commercial buildings, and factories is steady growing in popularity.
Some advantages of electric heat are:
- Low first cost.
- Electric heating devices used no oxygen and, therefore, no air supply.
-Highest temperatures needed are below the ignition temperature of most materials. Therefore the system is considered safer than other heating systems.
- Due to the absence of combustion and combustion gases, there is less danger of toxic conditions.
- Equipment normally requires less space than other systems.
Individual room temperature is more easily obtained
- Very clean operation
Some disadvantages of electric heat are:
- The cost per unit of heat is higher than for other fuels
- Humidity control problems may occur
- Added electrical circuits are required