Cleaning Your Trane Clean Effects
1. Power-Down System: Press the power button located on the front until the green lights start a count down. After all lights turn off, remove the power connector (just like you would with a phone wire).
2. Clean Pre-Filters: Turn the two black latches outward to unlock the door. Pull the door toward you then out. Remove the thin grey filter (pre-filter). Remember which way the airflow arrow points for re-installation. Either vacuum or spray out with water and let dry. No need for a cleaning solution.
3. Clean Collection Cells: Remove the larger filters (collection cells). There are two, one right behind the other. Vacuum the two larger filters. DO NOT USE WATER!
(Note: The center filter contains metal and should be cleaned by an AC service technician).
4. Re-install Cells: Reinstall the two large collection cells. Slide the cell in with the handle facing you and the two copper contacts should be aligned right next to the copper contacts on center filter. Once the thin pre-filter is dry, reinstall with the airflow arrow pointing the correct way.
5. Activate System: To reinstall the door, line up the metal tabs, located on the inside of the door, into the slots provided. Make sure that the flanges by the handles wrap around the outside of the unit and the longer flanges sit on the rubber seal on the unit.
Turn the door toward the unit and lock the latches. If the door does not latch, try to realign the door. Insert the power connector. Press the power button for 1-2 seconds.
The lights should come back on. Press and hold the reset button until the pre-filter light turns of and there is only one green light remaining on the row of lights.
Notes about your Trane Clean Effects:
• The filter will return to operate fully after 15 minutes of the system running. The reason for this delay is to make sure that everything is dry before power is applied to the cells. So don’t worry about the green light not blinking like it usually does.
• Remember to clean your filters at least every three months.