Time delay relays are used in some of the blower cabinets to
improve efficiency by delaying the blower off time. Time
delays are also used in electric heaters to sequence in
multiple electric heaters.
WARNING: Disconnect ALL power before servicing.
1. Tag and disconnect all wires from male spade connections
2. Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance across
terminals H1 and H2. Should read approximately 150
3. Using an ohmmeter, check for continuity across terminals
3 and 1, and 4 and 5.
4. Apply 24 volts to terminals H1 and H2. Check for
continuity across other terminals - should test continuous.
If not as above - replace.
NOTE: The time delay for the contacts to make will be
approximately 20 to 50 seconds and to open after the coil is
de-energized is approximately 40 to 90 seconds.
* This is only to be used as a reference and service to be performed by a licensed HVAC technician.